Retail Bars Duty ManagerAn exciting opportunity has arisen at Butlins
If you enjoy working with others, are ready to learn something new, roll up your sleeves and get stuck in – we might have your next job waiting for you.
It’s always showtime at Butlin’s! And whatever job you do here you will be part of a big team of people who are responsible for providing our guests with an altogether more fun and entertaining holiday.We know that It takes a team effort to put on the show here and we’re looking for like minded people who -
like to work as part of a team.
are comfortable and confident to talk to our guests.
are comfortable to work in a busy environment and can dial up the energy when it’s required.
Have a positive outlook and a ‘can do’ attitude.
Can deliver a high level of service and will always strive to exceed the guest’s expectations
Butlin’s is a fun and exciting place to work and if you think you have what it takes to come and be part of our team, we’d love to hear from you.
As a duty manager your role is front facing and will be responsible for leading your team in the smooth and efficient day to day running of your area. You will be the accountable person in the absence of your line manager for delivering a professional service. We have an array of bars ranging from quiet relaxing venues, Inn on the green and Bar Rosso to our lively entertainment venues, Reds, Centre Stage and the new Studio 36. Our Sports bar houses Snooker and American pool tables as well as our ten pin bowling alley, all this whilst showing all the latest sports on our big screens.
Main duties include:
· Supporting the Venue Manager to recruit and train new team members.
· Serving at the bar or out whilst interacting with our guests
· Delivering the prefect drink every time, we will give you the skills to be able to do this.
· competent in various IT systems.
· Coaching and reviewing your team in a supportive manner which will help them to improve.
· Has enough understanding of budgets/guest weeks and other influencing factors to make decisions during your shift.
· Ensuring compliance with Health and Safety legislation as well as the company policy
· Taking accountability for the guests and team in the venue and playing your part in their safety and well-being.
· Monitors team levels and is proactive in arranging appropriate resources that is reflective of guest numbers, escalating to Leaders where necessary.
experience of working in a similar environment
Normal working hours:
You will need to have a flexible approach to your working hours as we are open 7 days a week. The role will consist of Evenings, Weekends and split shifts, and normal working hours will be between 9am and 12am on our family breaks, and between the hours of 9am and 4am on our Live music weekends.
We think working at Butlin’s is a pretty special place to be and here are just a few of the benefits for working with us:
Annual Bonus Scheme
Resort discounts on food and drink in our retail outlets.
Subsidised OFSTED Nursery facilities available on resort
Discounted Bourne Leisure holidays for you, your family and friends
Free parking on resort
Reward and recognition schemes including long service and team member of the month as well as lots of other team incentives.
If you think you have what it takes to come and be part of our team, we’d love to hear from you
Warren Road, Minehead, Somerset TA24 5SH GBR
4 January 2022
17 January 2022