Resort General Manager
The purpose of the role is to be the custodian of the resort operation on a day-to-day basis and to be the person who is accountable for the resort in the absence of the Resort Director. Reporting to the Resort Director, The Resort General Manager will ensure smooth planning, promoting the highest operational standards which exceed guest expectations, line managing the following Departments: Bars, Shops & Retail Leisure, Retail Catering, Entertainments and Leisure, Resort Safety and Residential Catering. The Resort General Manager will drive a culture of excellence where high fulfilment delivers high performance for both our team and our business which in turn creates memories which delight our guests, therefore accountable for the development of the people, the maximising of profits and the delivery of the guest experience to the highest level.
Improved NPS, reduction in response to problem scores, improved ENPS, reduction in labour turnover, improved quality scores, payroll budget achieved & achievement of EBITDA
WE DELIGHT OUR GUESTS
and coaches the team to be guest obsessed in everything that they do
• Is responsible for monitoring the seamless delivery of all products to the brand standard
• Creates an environment where all team are focused on the Bourne Mission “To give our guests a great time with memories that last a lifetime “ by regular and great communication.
• Uses guest feedback to determine the direction of travel for the resort when making decisions around look and feel
• Analyses guest feedback and uses the guest feedback, market data, trends and to improve and develop standards across the Resort.
• Ownership of consistent delivery of a quality Butlin’s experience in line with brand/venue guidelines to ensure we are continually looking and learning
• Demonstrates and role models a commitment to delivering a superior guest and Team experience in everything that you do
WE ARE A PLACE WHERE TALENT THRIVES
Takes responsibility to ensure all team are adhering to the Butlin’s team member handbook, policies and the cultural values of the business.
• Promotes teamwork across the Resort and encourages opportunities to multi skill in other departments across the resort.
• Nurtures a high-performance culture where everyone’s contributions are recognised, where talent thrives and rewarding careers are built
• Uses personal knowledge and experience to coach and develop others, identifying and nurturing talent to ensure succession planning across leadership roles
• Continually provides feedback and coaching to all team.
• Conducts regular reviews of personal development plans with direct reports, setting clear goals in line with the business strategy
• Supports the Leadership team to deliver the 90 Day plan
• Supports the management of team performance and sickness/absence
• Promotes the Reward and Recognition schemes on resort.
WE STRIVE TO BE BETTER
and develops a "Plan Do Review" mentality in all that the team do
• Supports the team through change with a positive approach that makes change happen seamlessly
• Creates an environment where every team member is encouraged to never stop looking and learning through a culture of high fulfilment and high performance.
• Takes time to visit competitors to learn and see how we can improve
• Inspire action and ownership for delivery of our business strategy, ensuring that departments regularly review performance and plans, leading to an improved experience for our team, as well as our guests
• Monitors KPI’s and identifies business risks, taking corrective action when needed
• Has an exceptional level of operational knowledge across Resort
• Work towards alignment of the Resort to the business strategy, mission statement as well as H&S compliance.
• Build and maintain strong relationships across Butlin’s and Central Support teams.
• Demands the best of yourself and others to continually delight our guests and strive for excellence
• Monitors team engagement levels and works with People Team to identify opportunities to drive engagement and retention
WE ARE THE BEST PLACE TO INVEST
the compliance of all relevant legislation, company, and Health & Safety
policies within their areas of responsibility.
• Conducts supported Business meetings with the finance business partner to ensure P&L KPI’s are being met or reasons for misses are understood and are being addressed.
• Explores new initiatives to ensure they fit with the brand image and are financially beneficial
• Acts as the conduit between Central Support Leads and other resorts on seamless implementation
• Plans are ambitious but achievable, activity is focussed, and results driven
The ideal candidate
• Has a high level of
operational knowledge and uses this skill and knowledge to coach team members
• Ability to effectively lead, motivate and engage team.
• Able to manage multiple priorities and adapts quickly to changing requirements.
• Understanding of different communication styles, along with your own, with the ability to be able to communicate at all levels
• Willingness to challenge if standards aren’t meeting required levels and performance manage if necessary
• Good financial knowledge with the ability to manage costs in line with budgets
• Ability to effectively lead, motivate and engage your team, even in times of high demand
• Able to manage multiple priorities and adapts quickly to changing requirements
• Ability to coach and give feedback to team members to improve performance
The perks of working here:
*Subsidised OFSTED Nursery facilities available on resort
*20% off food in our restaurants and take away.
*Subsidised food and drinks in our team diners.
*Regular team incentives with great rewards.
*Opportunity to earn up to £1,000 when you refer friends to join our great team
*Holidays discounts of 20% for all of your family & friends in Haven, Butlin's & Warner Hotels
*Use of pool and many other leisure facilities.
*Funded qualification development opportunities from Level 2 to Masters Degrees for permanent team members.
*Access to the Employee Assistance Programme including support for your wellbeing and free access to advice and expertise on financial and legal matters etc
*Fantastic discounts when making purchases from most major retailers and hundreds of discounts on everyday purchases
*Team Member of the Month Awards
*Instant Recognition schemes with great rewards through our busiest times
*Long Service awards for permanent team members
We look forward to hearing from you if your skills match what we are looking for and you would love to be part of our team.
Upper Bognor Road, Bognor Regis, West Sussex PO21 1JJ GBR
23 November 2021
6 December 2021