Catering BOH Facilities Duty Manager
Do you want to continue your career working for one of The Sundays
Times Best Biggest Company in the UK?
The BOH Duty Manager is responsible for the efficient running of the dishwash area and the stores provisions area of the Guest Catering department. The purpose of the role is to ensure that high standard of service is met consistently, to positivity impact our Guest Experience and the Resort Catering department.
The BOH Duty Manager is also responsible for the team within the dishwash and provisions areas making sure they are fulfilled and supported and able to deliver to a high standard.
The duty manager is responsible for the opening and closing procedures for their areas in line with set company standards. The effective management of each shift, including team issues and stock control, ensuring all food safety and health and safety paperwork is complete in line with regulations.
- To build and develop great relationships with our Chefs and FOH leaders to ensure this support function is running efficiently.
- To ensure that the allocation of team is complete to ensure the maximum positive impact on the guest experience.
- To open and close the BOH areas to the highest standard, including cleaning checks, health and safety and food safety checks are complete.
- Implementation and support of individual team members PDP's, aligning it with the support managers direction.
- Support the team members during service to ensure that their workload is manageable and give support when necessary, coaching and supporting team during service to ensure we have a highly trained and fulfilled team.
- Complete and feedback on individual’s performance reviews in line with PDP's
- Highlighting and feeding back to guest catering BOH manager areas of improvement, reviewing guest feedback supplied to them to understand areas in which our guests would value improvement in relation to cleanliness and stock levels.
- Support the guest catering BOH manager with correct usage of SAM- 3-week rota and timesheet approval, assist with the ordering process for food, equipment and chemicals.
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation, company Fire, Hygiene and H&S policies within your area of responsibility.
- Challenge themselves and other to innovate in any areas that will help the results of the business.
- Drive team selection, recruitment, and retention.
The ideal candidate must :
- Have experience in a busy restaurant environment.
- Have previous experience of leading a team.
- Understand different communication styles, and an ability to communicate effectively.
- Have problem solving attitude.
- Have a positive and flexible approach to work.
- Be able to focus on the detail and prioritise to ensure the biggest positive impact is achieved.
- Be passionate about delivering an exceptional guest experience.
Joining the Bourne Leisure / Butlin's family means not only do you have an opportunity to grow your career, but become entitled to receive an array of benefits for you, your family and friends to enjoy, these include:
Free use of many of the resort facilities for you, your friends and family
On resort discounts off our food, drinks and in our retail outlets
Subsidised OFSTED Nursery facilities available on resort
Discounted Bourne Leisure holidays for you, your family and friends
Reward and recognition schemes including long service and team member of the month
Opportunity to gain externally recognised qualifications to give you the opportunity to develop and progress
Brand New, purpose Built Team Accommodation at a Subsidised rate.
No matter which role you fulfil at Butlin's, all of us are working towards our common goal of delighting our guests every time by providing amazing memories and experiences, as well as creating an environment where our team can perform at their best.
Upper Bognor Road, Bognor Regis, West Sussex PO21 1JJ GBR
14 July 2021
5 August 2021